Bouncin 2

bouncin2

A while ago I hade some ideas of new tile types and functionality in our old game Bouncin. Because of the ‘not so ideal’ structure of the code, I started looking at rewriting the greater part of the ‘engine’. Partly because I wanted to utilize hardware acceleration (not that it´s really needed) but also to get an easier interface for adding new functionality down the road. On top of all that, I had some thoughts on releasing a limited version of the ‘inhouse’ editor, with tablet sized screens in mind. Although that is whole other chapter in a possible sequel anyways. Above you have an early screenshot – gfx highly mockup!

Read More

Marble Falls tweaking

graph
Marble Falls is in quite a late stage of development, and the other day I wanted to visualize the speed up of how often balls are added during the game. I found out it is very hard to determine this curve to be as ‘universal’ as possible – letting casual gamers reach a decent score, yet challenge the more hardcore ones… This of course works in combination with the entire ball scoring system…so another round of testing I guess. *sigh*

Read More