Update…and another update

After quite a pause in development of B2, I finally got some time over to sit down and do some work. Mainly it has been to generalize as much as possible regarding tiles and their behaviours, as well as decoupling certain parts of the app heavily. All this to make future updates more pleasant. And adding new functionality whenever I get new ideas, less error prone.
In the midst of all this, I got a reminder from Google about some issues with Marble Falls. Turns out that the quite old AIR SDK it was developed with has some Open SSL vulnerabilities, and that if not addressed the app might be taken down from the store. So… After a couple of hours, downloading a new SDK, fiddling with old certificates (and lost passwords thereof)…getting my old IntelliJ to even build the project (ages since I had that IDE open!)…was a struggle. Finally, I got a new build that seems to work, on at least own my two phones and tablet. And without any newly introduced bugs…or other weird behaviour. Yeai! And just now, I went through the procedure of updating the apk and everything that comes with that process, in the store. So, feel free to update your own copy of Marble Falls – if you’re one of the few still out there. 😉

Over and out…
/T

Read More

Marble Falls tweaking

graph
Marble Falls is in quite a late stage of development, and the other day I wanted to visualize the speed up of how often balls are added during the game. I found out it is very hard to determine this curve to be as ‘universal’ as possible – letting casual gamers reach a decent score, yet challenge the more hardcore ones… This of course works in combination with the entire ball scoring system…so another round of testing I guess. *sigh*

Read More